Thursday, November 11, 2010

More Embroidered Tablecloths

I came across another batch of wonderful but sadly neglected old embroidered tablecloths the other week. It always saddens me that these are so generally undervalued, but at least with the fashion for all things retro and vintage, they have been given a new lease of life. There's nothing quite so comforting on a winter's afternoon, as a table, set for tea, preferably with some home made cakes - all served from delicate porcelain cups, on a lovely, old, hand embroidered tablecloth. This one is so beautifully made that the flowers look three dimensional.

2 comments:

Tablecloths blogspot said...

I'm afraid to click over to the tablecloth index, as my addiction is always just hovering under the surface, ready to take over my life given even the slightest chance.

Thanks for information.............

Catherine Czerkawska said...

I do sympathise! I love them too.