Monday, August 18, 2008

Beautiful Borders in the Walled Garden at Culzean


There is an absolutely stunning wild flower border to be seen in the walled garden at Culzean Castle just now. The mixture is called Bohemian Rhapsody and it fills a whole large bed just beside the old head gardener's cottage. There is something profoundly beautiful about this riot of colour and I have to say it reminds me of a textile design, particularly those wonderful old Indian prints that so often involve a multitude of colourful flowers. I've been back twice now, just to look at it and the second time I took my camera so that I could share it with you. The conventional herbacious border there is also fabulous, but there is something so engaging about the haphazard arrangement of these colours and textures - nature always does it better!

1 comment:

Scottish Nanna said...

gorgeous flowers I miss Scotland when I see photos like that My grannie used to live in a house like that in a place called Rora.I used to visit her on my school holidaysI lived in Aberdeen at the time That was a long time ago Thanks for the memories.
Hugs Mary.